Public Launch on 14th April 2015

• Public Launch on 14th April 2015

Posted by mattgoult on April 15, 2015 at 7:54 am

Hi everyone in the website feedback group. As you know we launched the website yesterday and as a result we have had an influx of new users and activity. After you have had a chance to browse the site and test out the features it would be great if you could list any feedback or bugs that you have encountered and post them in this forum.

We’re collecting a huge amount of feedback right now and will be prioritising the issues and working through them in the coming days and weeks. As you can imagine the to-do list is quite huge. Lots of new volunteers have offered their help in the last few days so we’ll be discussing and working out a plan to bring new team members on board.

Thanks to everyone for your ongoing support to Rinpoche’s activities. This project has only been possible thanks to all your help!

mattgoult replied 9 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • emitheng

April 15, 2015 at 9:57 am

Hi Matt,

for this site, i have found like below

Button Study & Practice — Dawn of Dharma

• mattgoult

Organizer
    April 15, 2015 at 10:10 am

Hi Emi, I can’t see the image for some reason. Could you post it as an attachment?

• Oriane

April 15, 2015 at 10:52 am

I receive a lot of error messages when I do things even though the action still seems to work. So I accepted three friend requests, and for every one I got an error message, and then the notification that the friend request had been (successfully) accepted. Same with reading notifications. It tells me “there was a problem marking that notification” and yet the notification is well marked as read. So that’s what I’ve noticed in my tiny experience with this website… Looks great though! 🙂

• mattgoult

Organizer
      April 15, 2015 at 10:57 am

Thanks Oriane, You’re right, there are quite a few bugs that need fixing. We have a list that we are working through but it will take some time. We now have some more web developers offering to help and hopefully we will be able to recruit a full-time paid coder soon. I think within a few months we will end up with quite a stable platform. Also much more content to come…

In the meantime, please keep reporting any issues you find. It’s really valuable.