What courses would you like to see?

• What courses would you like to see?

Posted by Matt Goult on March 25, 2015 at 10:28 am

We are working hard behind the scenes to produce material for various courses.

What content would you like to see next?

David Cogman replied 9 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • phillip Gardner

April 7, 2015 at 10:48 am

Something for absolute beginners, I faciliate. Meditation classes in my home town and it would be great to use some of Rinpoche’s materials, ideas and inspiration for this. Most attending are non buddhist.

• Matt Goult

Organizer
      April 10, 2015 at 9:09 am

This is great Phillip. Rinpoche has recently been teaching a program called Dawn of Dharma which covers all the basics.  A basic information page can be found here: https://samyeinstitute.org/study-practice/dawn-of-dharma/

In addition, a group of people are working on a program aimed completely at non-buddhists but this will not come to fruition until around 2016.

• phillip Gardner

April 11, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Thanks Matt. Yes I am facilitating a Dawn of Dharma / Dharma stream group here in Wales. Look forward to the other that you mention.

• David Cogman

April 13, 2015 at 3:52 am

Depth rather than breadth. Would suggest focusing on the critical texts and concepts for the courses already defined (i.e. the three streams, nine yanas, etc.). Beyond that, if I could wave a magic wand and have anything I wanted, it would be an online version of the sadhana ritual course, and courses on the sutras expounding major concepts relevant to practice that are important but not widely taught (e.g. Samadhiraja Sutra, Lankavatara Sutra, Samdhinirmocana Sutra, etc.).